Writer’s are really good at two things: writing and procrastinating. We procrastinate and we make excuses when we are confronted with a blank page. An excellent way to avoid procrastination is to complete a checklist of what you need to be prepared to write. This way you’ll be doing something active and eliminating any excuses you may come up with later.
- Have all your research done
- Know what you’re going to write
- Collect all the materials you’ll need
- Have a snack beforehand
- Get a drink with a top on it (bottle of water, etc)
- Make sure you’re comfortable (temperature, clothes, etc)
- Get rid of distractions
- Clear your mind
- Build your focus
- Start writing
Dawn Zauner – Writing Expert
For more writing tips, visit www.DawnZauner.com now!